Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing My Homemade Thick Pea & Ham Soup πŸ˜‹

My Homemade Thick Pea & Ham Soup πŸ˜‹.

My Homemade Thick Pea & Ham Soup πŸ˜‹ You can have My Homemade Thick Pea & Ham Soup πŸ˜‹ using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.

Ingredients of My Homemade Thick Pea & Ham Soup πŸ˜‹

  1. Prepare 907 g of Bacon Bits, ham bits or thick cut Bacon.
  2. It's 1 of Full Cups Split Dried Yellow Peas.
  3. Prepare 3 of Large Carrots cut into chunky mouth size pieces.
  4. It's 1/2 tsp of Cracked Black Pepper.

My Homemade Thick Pea & Ham Soup πŸ˜‹ step by step

  1. The Split peas have to be rinsed then best left soaking overnight. Next morning cold rinse again and put then in a large pan 4- 5 Pints Water. Bring to boil..
  2. Cut up your Bacon and remove big chunks of fat leave some on for the flavour..
  3. Add the Bacon or ham to the boiling split peas..
  4. Next cut up the carrots and add them to the soup.add the black pepper and leave to simmer stirring occasionally..
  5. After the 3 hours turn it off and leave with a lid on after an hour or so it will have thickened. Leave and just warm up when needed. Add more black pepper on top..

Comments